Thursday, September 18, 2014

lovers and haters


lovers and haters

Original post January 29, 2011

I'm in a group show themed "lovers and haters" at the Hive gallery opening February. So this is my entry. I found a picturesque spot downtown and started with a life drawing in my sketchbook. I took that home and started a painting very expressionistically in acrylic. I moved the painting closer to the line drawing and then painted on it back at location for better color. It might have been fun to do bigger, but for the group show I'm probably already pushing the size limit... oil on canvas, 24 by 18

3 comments:

TREVOR Simonsen said...

You scare me

alex schaefer said...

oh you know I'm harmless, but terrorists and bankers, now that's scary!

drawler said...

I love this for so many reasons