Thursday, September 18, 2014

fuck the 80's


originally published September 9 2011

I revisited a painting from this series that was work in progress. I love to let a painting get good and dry and then jump on it and whip it into shape... I have found this series to be controversial subject matter and I'm never sure why. I think lots of people have lots of fond memories of the 80's, and so do I... but you gotta admit that a lot of it was pretty fucked. I think the 80s were half full and half empty at the same time; and the beginning of the institutionalization of bank criminality... oil on canvas, 48 by 36

3 comments:

Bupkis Maven said...

Indeed.

the Idiot Mouflon said...

Oh yes!

"Go on people, go on and be little Gods", shouted the Ayn Rand luckies.

the Idiot Mouflon said...

lackies even