Tuesday, September 13, 2011

pasadena plein air




I went out this morning to start a burning bank that I've had my eye on in Pasadena. It was a different experience today then other plein air outings because 5 people recognized me from all the publicity, came up, gave me compliments and thumbs up and posed for pictures. One guy, who said he works in finance and is a self-described "capitalist pig", gave me the biggest kudos of all! Amazing!! Here's a few shots from the location and the painting so far. I painted more on the fire when I got home and I think it's looking good! oil on canvas panel, 24 by 18

14 comments:

tiresias said...

these are great! keep 'em coming!

Robert said...

LOve your work!

Lierne said...

Love the reflections in this one.

Lierne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
alex schaefer said...

Thank you all so much! What fun this all is, so cool to inspire talk about a serious issue, and so nice to make a work of art that really is resonating with the times but is also a joyful expression of art I like to make!

Plunder Corp. said...

Love your work, very emotive. It really hits a chord with people. The police came by your place because of what you're painting? Hope they don't check out my projects (http://plundercorp.blogspot.com/)!

Josh said...

You should have asked your capitalist pig friend to donate some kudos to the PCCC, or help pay off your mortgage or something:)

julie said...

love! you really should be making prints of these...

Philip Williamson said...

Great painting, and a great hook! "If a painter paints a scene, and the cops don't come around... is it art?"

craftydvl said...

Alex, just found your blog! Congrats on these new works and it is so cool that people are so affected by them, I came across this in the news (-: Hope you are well and to talk to you soon!

--Donna (from Cannibal Flower/Feminine Oddities/The Hive)

Christmas Trees said...

Awesome stuff. Should have more fire, though.

alex schaefer said...

MORE FIRE! AHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Mimi Favre said...

Your paintings speak volumes. I like them a lot.

Maurici said...

Uhm.....this looks familiar to me, are you sure your name is not Isaac Mendez?? ;)